About the Project:
The Maternal Health Equity Collaborative centers Black Women and Women of Color-both in leading the collaborative, and in the work we do in and with the community. The MHEC is made up of four doula organizations, Black Mamas ATX, Giving Austin Labor Support, Healing Hands Community Doula Project, and Mama Sana Vibrant Woman, and two parental support organizations, Hand to Hold and Partners in Parenting.
The MHEC was awarded a 3 year grant that will add culturally-sensitive and comprehensive perinatal childcare services to compliment the wraparound community doula support of the collaborative organizations, and ensure that Black mothers and their families are able to access the holistic, whole-person care needed to alleviate maternal health complications and reduce inequities.
Grant Manager Position:
Black Mamas ATX is seeking a part-time Grant Manager to serve the mission and work of the Maternal Health Equity Collaborative. The Grant Manager will work collaboratively with the Childcare Program Specialist and the Maternal Health Equity Collaborative to implement grant activities and goals. The Grant Manager will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to implement, manage, and report grant requirements to foundations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the Maternal Health Equity Collaborative (MHEC) to build the necessary infrastructure including best practices, forms, assessments and reports to ensure sound program delivery and administration.
- Develop professional contacts and relationships to support program goals, including identifying partners (internal and external) to further impact.
- Meet weekly with the team to collaborate, report on progress, and address concerns to ensure overall success and organization alignment.
- Assist MHEC in developing and oversee outreach and sustainability plans to promote increased impact
- Designs, administers, and maintains data templates, reports, and data structure
- Designs, implements and monitors grants management workflow processes and procedures
- Oversees grant workflow processes related to data entry to ensure adequate internal controls and oversees quality control of data to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of grants data.
- Create and manage a comprehensive grant reports calendar, with close attention to grant deadlines.
- Work with the Maternal Health Equity Collaborative to capture evaluation metrics and make recommendations for enhancing and improving client data tracking
- Respond to grant data requests and inquiries from internal and external audiences, including preparation of data analysis and generation of reports:
- produces internal data summaries, reports, coding verifications, grant statistics, geographic reports and custom analysis as needed, for the board of directors, executive office, grants program, evaluation, finance, and public affairs
- Monitors grant budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Excellent written, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Located in Central Texas (Austin and surrounding cities)
- Proficient in Data Management systems
- Knowledge of maternal health & non-profit organization structures preferred
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: 27,500 per year
- Health Savings Account benefits
- Remote friendly and community workspaces
- Flexible work day
- Parent-friendly working conditions
- Opportunity to learn with a fast-growing nonprofits, centering collaboration and equity
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job, but may include additional miscellaneous & similar duties aligned with grant requirements. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Position is dependent on grant funding.
To apply: Send resume & cover letter to: Info@blackmamasatx.com