BMATX provides support through pregnancy and up to 1 year after birth to ensure that mom is supported, thriving and baby successfully reaches the 1 year milestone. On average, mamas are with BMATX up to 18 months.
- Sister Doula program offers holistic support and childbirth education for healthy pregnancies
- Includes prenatal, birth, and one year of postpartum care
- Can include midwifery services and lactation consulting
- Home visits, labor support & virtual visits
- Monthly Sister Circle support groups
Mental Health & Wellness
- Free, confidential psychotherapy & counseling for: trauma, anxiety, depression, grief, parenting & relationships, family dynamics, intimate partner violence, spirituality and other concerns
- Specialized support groups & group therapy for pregnant and postpartum clients
- Soothe Your Nerves Anxiety Support Groups
- Wellness groups: Mindfulness, yoga, & nature-based
- Case consultation and connection to community resources
Community Support & Education
- Childbirth Education
- Effective Black Parenting classes
- Community outreach & advocacy
- Groundwater Analysis Training in collaboration with Joyce James Consulting
Resources & Downloads
Prenatal Care Tips
While proper prenatal care and screening is important, Black mothers also need the support of fathers, family and the community to ensure a healthy prenatal, birthing and postpartum experience.
Benefits of Doulas
With all the noise going on today, it’s easy to forget to take care of yourself. If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, I want to remind you that you are your most important asset. Can you answer yes to any of the following questions? Have you...
Dear Voter, Thank you for braving the coronavirus to use your voice this election season. 2020 has been a tough year. It has shown us that our elected officials need to hear from us now more than ever. As you vote this November,...
More than half of pregnant women who were admitted to hospital with coronavirus in the UK were from a black and minority ethnic background, a study has found, prompting experts to issue guidance for midwives to remain on high...