BMATX provides support through pregnancy and up to 1 year after birth to ensure that mom is supported, thriving and baby successfully reaches the 1 year milestone. On average, mamas are with BMATX up to 18 months.
- Sister Doula program offers holistic support and childbirth education for healthy pregnancies
- Includes prenatal, birth, and one year of postpartum care visits (virtual & in-person), labor support (in-person)
- Sister Circle Community membership
Mental Health & Wellness
- Free, confidential psychotherapy & counseling for: trauma, anxiety, depression, grief, parenting & relationships, family dynamics, intimate partner violence, spirituality and other concerns
- Soothe Your Nerves Anxiety Support Groups
- Wellness activities: Mindfulness, yoga, & GirlTrek
- Case consultation and connection to community resources
Community Support & Education
- Childbirth Education, Lactation Education and other workshops.
- Mamas Meetups and Sister Circle Community
- Community outreach & advocacy
- Groundwater Analysis Training in collaboration with Joyce James Consulting
Resources & Downloads
Prenatal Care Tips
Benefits of Doulas
Dear Black Mamas, Welcome, we are here for you. Whether you are new to us or have been apart of our community, we wanted to remind you that we are in this together. Led by our licensed clinical social worker, Alicia Beatrice, LCSW-S, LCDC; from one Black Mama...
With all the noise going on today, it’s easy to forget to take care of yourself. If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, I want to remind you that you are your most important asset. Can you answer yes to any of the following questions? Have you...
Dear Voter, Thank you for braving the coronavirus to use your voice this election season. 2020 has been a tough year. It has shown us that our elected officials need to hear from us now more than ever. As you vote this November,...