BMATX provides support through pregnancy and up to 1 year after birth to ensure that mom is supported, thriving and baby successfully reaches the 1 year milestone. On average, mamas are with BMATX up to 18 months.
- Sister Doula program offers holistic support and childbirth education for healthy pregnancies
- Includes prenatal, birth, and one year of postpartum careHome visits, labor support & virtual visits
- Monthly Sister Circle support groups
Mental Health & Wellness
- Free, confidential psychotherapy & counseling for: trauma, anxiety, depression, grief, parenting & relationships, family dynamics, intimate partner violence, spirituality and other concerns
- Specialized support groups & group therapy for pregnant and postpartum clients
- Soothe Your Nerves Anxiety Support Groups
- Wellness groups: Mindfulness, yoga, & nature-based
- Case consultation and connection to community resources
Community Support & Education
- Childbirth Education
- Effective Black Parenting classes
- Community outreach & advocacy
- Groundwater Analysis Training in collaboration with Joyce James Consulting
Resources & Downloads
Prenatal Care Tips
Benefits of Doulas
Interim Guidance on Breastfeeding for a Mother Confirmed or Under Investigation for COVID-19 Coronavirus
Originally published by the Centers for Disease Control This interim guidance is intended for women who are confirmed to have COVID-19 or are persons-under-investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 and are currently breastfeeding. This interim guidance is based on what is...
By Rhitu Chatterjee Shortly after she gave birth to her son last May, Meghan Reddick, 36, began to struggle with depression. "The second I had a chance where I wasn't holding [my son], I would go to my room and cry," says Reddick, who lives with her son and husband....
By Summer Sherburne Hawkins, associate professor, Boston College's School of Social Work From 2007 to 2015, Syria's maternal mortality rate rose from 26 deaths per 100,000 live births to 31 deaths per 100,000 live births, a result of the country's war and a crumbling...