BMATX provides support through pregnancy and up to 1 year after birth to ensure that mom is supported, thriving and baby successfully reaches the 1 year milestone. On average, mamas are with BMATX up to 18 months.
- Sister Doula program offers holistic support and childbirth education for healthy pregnancies
- Includes prenatal, birth, and one year of postpartum careHome visits, labor support & virtual visits
- Monthly Sister Circle support groups
Mental Health & Wellness
- Free, confidential psychotherapy & counseling for: trauma, anxiety, depression, grief, parenting & relationships, family dynamics, intimate partner violence, spirituality and other concerns
- Specialized support groups & group therapy for pregnant and postpartum clients
- Soothe Your Nerves Anxiety Support Groups
- Wellness groups: Mindfulness, yoga, & nature-based
- Case consultation and connection to community resources
Community Support & Education
- Childbirth Education
- Effective Black Parenting classes
- Community outreach & advocacy
- Groundwater Analysis Training in collaboration with Joyce James Consulting
Resources & Downloads
Prenatal Care Tips
Benefits of Doulas
More than half of pregnant women who were admitted to hospital with coronavirus in the UK were from a black and minority ethnic background, a study has found, prompting experts to issue guidance for midwives to remain on high...
by Nina Martin March 19, 5:32 p.m. EDT The experience you expected is likely to be very different from the one you actually get. The key to staying sane is to be as ready as possible to throw your best-laid-plans out the window. Over the next three months, nearly a...
By: Patia Braithwaite This story is part of SELF's ongoing series exploring black maternal mortality. You can find the rest of the series here. Discussions about black maternal mortality often center on depressing statistics, like the fact that the maternal mortality...